Complete Tefillin Sets Including Parshios, Battim, Retzuous, Velvet Bag, and Free Shipping!
Order Tallis and Tefillin together and save 10% off the price of the tallis plus free shipping on both the tallis and the tefillin!
Our tefillin are organized around six series of sets ranging from $580 to $2100. Each tefillin set is custom made for you depending on which hand you will be wearing them on, what type of ksav (writing style) and what kind kesherim (knots) you will need for the retzuous. If you are not sure about any of these particulars see Determining Your Correct Custom For Tefillin. Each set is checked by Rabbi Michaels. While we can usually accommodate last minute orders, it is better to place your orders several weeks in advance of when you will need them. If you would like information on upgrading your battim from peshutos battim to gassos battim, or from gassos battim to a more mehudar, higher quality type of gassos battim, see the battim page.
Kesher Tefillin Series features upgraded parshios from the Shomer series. Velvet tefillin bag, plastic tefillin boxes and shipping are included in all Kesher tefillin sets.
Kesher Tefillin set 3 a:
$800. Upgraded parshios from the Shomer series (see figure 2 above for example of parshios). Pearl Battim with hashgacha (rabbinic supervision).
Kesher Tefillin Set 3 b:
$840: Upgrade from the Kesher 3 a to retzuous avodas yad.
Keshser Tefillin Set 3 c:
$940 Upgrade to Starek Battim, plus ultra double black retzuous avodas yad.
Netzach Tefillin Series features parshios written by Rabbi Chaim Levison, Rabbi Parnes, Rabbi Ledderman, Rabbi Chala or Rabbi Joseph. These parshios are nicer than the parshios in the Kesher series. Velvet tefillin bag, plastic tefillin boxes and shipping are included in each set.
Netzach Tefillin set 4 a:
$975. Starek battim, Ultra double black Leifer retzuous.
Netzach Tefillin set 4 b:
$1025. Starek battim, Ultra Double Black Landau retzuous.
Netzach Tefillin set 4 c:
$1100. Parshios written by Rabbi Chaim Levison, Starek Avodas Yad battim, Ultra Double Black Leifer retzuous.
Netzach Tefillin set 4 d:
$1150. Starek Avodas Yad Battim, Ultra Double Black Landau retzuous.
The following is a list of shittos (halachic standards) that Rabbi Chaim Levison adheres to in his work:
- Does not speak or listen to songs or shiurim while writing.
- Erases any touching letters before continuing with the writing.
- Is מקדש each name of Hashem separately even when two names are next to each other.
- All corrections are done with a kulmus and dio, and not with a rapidograph or other similar type of pen.
Tiferes Tefillin Series features parshios written by Rabbi Mordechai Yakovzon, Rabbi Ari Rubinstein, or Rabbi Holtzberg.
- Velvet tefillin bag, plastic tefillin boxes and shipping are included in each set. I have also included a picture of parshios written by Reb Rubinstein who writes ksav Ari. For information about the level of hiddur of Reb Rubinstein’s parshios please contact me directly. There will be a $50 increase in price for sets with his parshios.
The following are the main points regarding the level of hiddur of Reb Mordechai Yakovzon’s parshios:
- Each and every letter consists of all components brought by the poskim (corner, circle, tag, etc.), not just those necessary for the kashrus of the letter.
- Touching letters are not separated with a knife after writing (in order to take into account the opinion of the Rashbo who says that it is possul, as brought by the Mishna Berura in the biur halacha).
- If something has to be fixed, this is done according to the most stringent opinions (as brought in the sefer Mikdash Me’at in regard to changes in shape, and the Avnei Nezer regarding the negation of the shape of a letter).
- The kashrus of the writing is never based on a sh’eilas tinok – asking a child, nor on a sh’eilas chochom- a question that needs a rabbinic decision.
- The lines of the letters and tagim are thick, not thin, to ensure the writing will last for a long time without becoming erased, or separated, as brought in the Shulchan Aruch. With this purpose in mind, the quill is passed a second time over the thin lines in the letters, and over the tagim.
- The writing is done with the beauty of the letters in mind, including uniformity in size, and in distance between the letters and words, and sharpness and straightness of the writing.
- The writing is done slowly and unhurriedly, in a room specially set aside for it, without speaking when writing, and without listening to anything, not even to a shiur in torah, in accordance with the ruling of Hagaon Rav Elyashiv ZT”L.
- The writing is clean and accurate so that proofreading and computer scanning is necessary only to make sure that nothing was overlooked, not in order to fixe and make them kosher.
- If there are corrections to be made (such as tagim) that are customarily done after the writing, each of these corrections is written down at the time of writing, to ensure that not one of them is forgotten.
- The writing is done only after immersion in a mikvah.
- The parshios are written on quality, ‘handmade’ parchment that was chosen for being smooth (hairy parchment is likely to cause separation in letters), and in the tefillin shel rosh, the parchment is exceedingly thin and soft, so that the letters will not split or separate with time (in the tefillin shel rosh, the parshios are rolled very tightly in order to put them into the compartments, and if they are written on thin, soft klaf, the letters will not be damaged).
- Parshios can be written in ksav Beis Yosef or Ksav Ari. Rashi and Rabbeinu Tam are available as well as parshios with additional tagim according to the Shimusho Rabbo. The pesuchos and stumos can be written according to the Rambam, the Taz, or the Brisker chumros.
Tiferes Tefillin set 5 a:$1425 Parshios written by Rabbi Mordechai Yaakovzon, Starek Battim, Ultra Double Black Leifer retzuous.
Tiferes Tefillin set 5 b: $1475 Parshios written by Rabbi Mordechai Yaakovzon, Starek Battim, Ultra Double Black Landau retzuous.
Tiferes Tefillin set 5 c: $1600 Parshios written by Rabbi Mordechai Yaakovzon, Starek Avodas Yad Battim, Ultra Double Black Landau retzuous.
Malchus Tefillin Series features my most beautiful parshios written by Rabbi Yitzchak Chaitovsky. Starek Avodas Yad Battim, and Ultra Double Black Landa each set. I have also included a picture of ksav Ari parshios written by Reb Yankolovitz. For his parshios add $100 to the total price of the set. Velvet tefillin bag, plastic tefillin boxes and shipping are included in each set.
Malchus Tefillin Set 6 a:
$1800. Yitzchak Chaitovsky Parshios on klaf avodas yad, written to an extremely high standard of hiddur (similar to the hiddurim of the Tiferes series), Starek Avodas Yad Battim, Ultra Double Black Landau retzuous.
Malchus Tefillin Set 6 b:
$2100 Yitzchak Chaitovsky Parshios on klaf avodas yad, Starek Avodas Yad white Battim painted by my painter here in Monsey, NY. Yitzchak Chaitovsky Parshios are written to an extremely high standard of hiddur; ultra double black retzuous (with good hashgacha).
Nossi Tefillin Series
The Nossi tefillin series is designed for those who feel more comfortable with a smaller sized set of tefillin but are not interested in extremely small travel tefillin. Because of their smaller size, special care is used in choosing parshios which will not be damaged when they are placed in the battim. While regular sized tefillin will be size 32 mm or 33mm, Nossi series tefillin will be sized 28mm – 30mm. In particular, the parshios of the shel rosh must be written on very thin klaf. Price range for Nossi tefillin is $1600 – $2000. Please call for consultation.
Melech Michaels 845-290-2546